CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE, THEN "BACK" TO RETURN.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Where the buffalo roam.


About a mile to the NW, we have a new buffalo farm. There was a "jail break" today. They came across Chuckanut Drive and ran through the fields. I grabbed the camera and headed out behind the big barns. As some of you know, I learning how to use my new camera without always using it in the "auto" point and shoot mode. When I downloaded my exposures I found that the sepia tone worked best. The big boys and girls were about a half mile away. Would have loved to have been closer, but that wasn't an option. Also, they were running wildly, which even from a distance was a bit scary.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Terry Rose said...

Wow, Jean. These are amazing. I can imagine the "thunderous" herd, those are some big animals! Great shots...

Anonymous said...

Very cool Jean. Way to be ready with the camera for these exciting shots. Would have loved to have been there.

Peg

Marisa said...

Yikes. It is both exhilerating and terrifying. Nice job.

Chelsea said...

Are you kidding me? That is amazing! And I love what you've done with the pictures.